Update by user Jun 11, 2013

It has been some time -- I had a friend who speaks Chinese discuss this with them and there is still no answer -- I still have not been paid anything and am still waiting... They say now that they will finally actually look into it so perhaps, I will hear something soon!

Original review posted by user May 11, 2013

The worst customer service EVER!

I wanted to change a ticket and called Ctrip who replied via email that they were forbidden from making these changes and they instructed me to call the airlines directly. The airlines told me that because there were no ticket offices in that city, I was entitled to a full refund so to contact my travel agent, cancel my booking and make another. After doing exactly as told, Ctrip denies telling me to contact the airline and also denies that the airlines has that policy (I was told this twice by one airline agent and when I asked another, I was told the same). This discussion ended up involving them calling and emailing me over and over again to tell me that I did the wrong thing and that i had to pay change fees on the cancellation because I did not follow instructions. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, my request was ignored and when I demand, I was simply put on hold for a long long time (I finally hung up).

If there is no problem Ctrip works, but if there is a problem don't expect them to help. I have not received any refund as of today and don't honestly know if I ever will or how much it will be. I even went so far as to have a letter to them explaining the situation translated and still no reply and no refund! A full month has passed and I am considering hiring an attorney on principal!

Review about: Ctrip Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Ctrip?

Comments

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

I have sent over 10 emails and have been on the phone with them 3 times.Using this company is like gambling your money.

YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK.I swear they just ignore you and your messages and hope you forget that you spent hundreds of dollars on them.

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

krobert
Shanghai, Shanghai, China #894256

Well, more time has passed and I guess they just expect me to get over it.They have made no attempt to contact me and no refund has been received yet.

I assume that this status will remain.

Several hundred dollars stolen from me is how it looks...I am sorry I trusted them but I guess this is not a Chinese company because the Chinese care...

krobert
Shanghai, Shanghai, China #728795

October 14 and still nothing. BTW:: This is Ctrip Shanghai (China) -- Avoid using them unless you like to gamble...