Update added by user Oct 10, 2014
I forgot to mention, "tips" were included in the package, yet we ended up paying "optional tips" to the driver at the end. If any tips was given it should have been by the tour guide as it was indicated on the Hi SEAS paper work, which I had access to because on the first day the tour guide had an expired visa and could not get on the plane, thus I had access to the paper work and became the tour leader for the group until we got to Roma.
Original review posted by user Oct 10, 2014
European tour from Sept 22 - Oct 3, 2014
American born Chinese going on a tour with native born Chinese. Overall tour was cheap about 15000 RMB not including tickets in Europe that cost 415 Euros. First complaint, Hotel Flora had mold in the building, the whole second floor reeked of it and in my rooms shower curtains that have never been changed had mold all over. Second complaint, bus driver complaining to tour guide about the agreed overtime fee, so he did not drive for 2 hours. Third complaint, in Dubai the new tour guide forgot about two people at hotel Atlantis and did not notice until they called; and we were 30 minutes to our lunch destination. In addition to that, this tour group consisted of only 18 people. I have E-mailed Ctrip about this issue and they have not replied. Also, this tour was by Hi SEAS Biz Travel agency. Ctrip does not have tour agencies, they hand them off to third parties. I was unlucky and booked a cheap tour and got served by racists attitudes through the trip by European hospitality; I assume it was due to the influx of Chinese tourism by these cheap agencies.
Another issue from Ctrip was that my dad was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and the doctor wanted him to try new medicine and prepare for Catheter ablation; this required rest. We tried to get a refund and the representatives at the Shanghai Ctrip said bring in a doctors note and they will give us a refund. Now they only refunded 2000 RMB and is giving us 3-4 thousand RMB in Ctrip credit. They do not honor their word; although we missed the full refund date, they shouldn't have said things they did not mean. Their management needs a restructure in addition to their tour packages. If my dad had gone on this trip, he might have developed blood clots, he wanted to go but couldn't and Ctrip is a greedy company for not giving a better refund. Avoid at all cost, Ctrip is only good for plane tickets and hotel rooms and even then read the fine print. Shady business with no heart.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Molded Accomodations
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Horrible experience. I rented a vacation rental called Pea Princess from Beachwalk Properties. Upon first entry if the house it smelled strongly of chemicals like bug spray which gave..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "Stayed at Motel 6 in Woodland Wash. 3 weekends ago because I was cleaning out and packing up my recently deceased mother. When I checked out I informed the..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "It took 4 months for all of my order to arrive,Half in one country and the other half delivered in China because I had gone back to my office there...."
- "Watch out! I was alone at the Shanghai zoo just 2 days before i was supposed to return to the US. 2 girls approached me and started chatting with me..."