Ctrip - Terrible service and your package

36 of 45 Ctrip reviews

Update added by user Oct 10, 2014

I forgot to mention, "tips" were included in the package, yet we ended up paying "optional tips" to the driver at the end. If any tips was given it should have been by the tour guide as it was indicated on the Hi SEAS paper work, which I had access to because on the first day the tour guide had an expired visa and could not get on the plane, thus I had access to the paper work and became the tour leader for the group until we got to Roma.

Original review posted by user Oct 10, 2014

European tour from Sept 22 - Oct 3, 2014

American born Chinese going on a tour with native born Chinese. Overall tour was cheap about 15000 RMB not including tickets in Europe that cost 415 Euros. First complaint, Hotel Flora had mold in the building, the whole second floor reeked of it and in my rooms shower curtains that have never been changed had mold all over. Second complaint, bus driver complaining to tour guide about the agreed overtime fee, so he did not drive for 2 hours. Third complaint, in Dubai the new tour guide forgot about two people at hotel Atlantis and did not notice until they called; and we were 30 minutes to our lunch destination. In addition to that, this tour group consisted of only 18 people. I have E-mailed Ctrip about this issue and they have not replied. Also, this tour was by Hi SEAS Biz Travel agency. Ctrip does not have tour agencies, they hand them off to third parties. I was unlucky and booked a cheap tour and got served by racists attitudes through the trip by European hospitality; I assume it was due to the influx of Chinese tourism by these cheap agencies.

Another issue from Ctrip was that my dad was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and the doctor wanted him to try new medicine and prepare for Catheter ablation; this required rest. We tried to get a refund and the representatives at the Shanghai Ctrip said bring in a doctors note and they will give us a refund. Now they only refunded 2000 RMB and is giving us 3-4 thousand RMB in Ctrip credit. They do not honor their word; although we missed the full refund date, they shouldn't have said things they did not mean. Their management needs a restructure in addition to their tour packages. If my dad had gone on this trip, he might have developed blood clots, he wanted to go but couldn't and Ctrip is a greedy company for not giving a better refund. Avoid at all cost, Ctrip is only good for plane tickets and hotel rooms and even then read the fine print. Shady business with no heart.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Molded Accomodations
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #544772 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ctrip? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
36 of 45 Ctrip reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ctrip. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ctrip.
Filing a new complaint about
×