1.3

I selected a flight online last night (November 21) for a flight leaving this afternoon (November 22), but after the payment went through for processing, I realized that the booking was for a later flight on the same day.I called Ctrip immediately to stop the processing and they called back 15 minutes later saying that the tickets could not be refunded and only cancelled with a 90% cancellation fee.

As I needed to book the original flight for a friend stuck in Xiamen, I was told that I could not book that until I had cancelled the wrong flight, which I could only do by agreeing to the cancellation fee. Nice. Yes, they want 24 hours to process a booking when they need it, but when you want to cancel a flight immediately, it seems they can process the charge very quickly.

There are reasons that there are consumer protections in place almost everywhere allowing for a brief window to cancel a charge because, either through human or technical error, mistakes are made.Their response in this instance is absolutely unacceptable.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $175. This person is overall dissatisfied with Ctrip. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ctrip.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Ctrip to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ctrip?

Comments